• GLAMOUR AND GOOP is a new blog written by Georgia Stitt and Susan Egan. Georgia and Susan are two Broadway-types continuing to build their musical careers in Southern California where they’re raising their families. Here you’ll find a collection of their experiences as they traverse the worlds of career and motherhood, Hollywood power plays and playground politics, time management and sleep deprivation, smooth sailing and traffic jams on the road to their dreams. Theirs echo the lives of all women trying to do it all and do it well — Glamour and Goop.
• MISTER PRESIDENT is a collection of 16 works for vocal ensemble written by America's finest composers, including Samuel Adler, Milton Babbitt, Robert Beaser, Jake Heggie and Georgia Stitt. Conducted by Judith Clurman and sung by Essential Voices USA. Tune in to NPR week of February 7th to hear more. Details here.
• digital sheet music for THIS ORDINARY THURSDAY is now available through www.sheetmusicdirect.com . All twelve songs (Air, Big Wings, I Get To Show You The Ocean, I Lay My Armor Down, It Almost Felt Like Love, Life Is Not A Camera, One Day More, Perfect Summer, She, The Holy Secret, These Two and This Ordinary Thursday) available for only $4 each.
• LOVE SONGS ON A SUMMER AFTERNOON, an album of songs by composer Sam Davis, includes "Invested In You," with lyrics by Georgia Stitt and vocals by Bobby Steggert. Details here.
• BIG RED SUN was chosen as one of eight new musicals to be presented in October at the National Alliance for Musical Theatre (NAMT) Festival of New Musicals in NYC. BIG RED SUN, by Georgia Stitt and John Jiler, tells the story of a teenage boy who unearths a dark family secret as he searches for his long-lost father through the bewildering landscape of post-WWII America... where innocence has vanished, and the simple melodies of Kern and Berlin have been replaced by the dizzying energy of jazz and the birth of rock-and-roll. BIG RED SUN was the winner of the Harold Arlen Award from ASCAP, and has been developed at ASCAP Musical Theatre Workshop, and TheatreWorks Silicon Valley, and was presented at Oklahoma City University.
• MOSAIC to be produced Off-Broadway in April, 2010. Details here. MOSAIC, by Georgia Stitt and Cheri Steinkellner, is a multi-media, real-time half hour in the life -- and on the MacBook -- of Ruth, a woman vlogging at the crossroads of birth, death, love and Diet Coke. Directed by Jonathan Butterell. Music directed by Steve Marzullo. Starring Heidi Blickenstaff.
• THE HUMAN HEART: HELPING HAITI'S CHILDREN is a benefit concert presented by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty and directed by Randy Redd. Features a song of mine, "Let One Child See," written with Bil Wright and performed by Cole Burden and a chorus. Music director: Aaron Jodoin. All proceeds go through After The Storm directly to SOS Children’s Villages. Details here. Monday , March 1st at Joe's Pub.
• TONIGHT ONLY! THE MUSIC OF GEORGIA STITT, a concert in Australia, including the Australian premiere of ALPHABET CITY CYCLE. Click here for more information.
• ALPHABET CITY CYCLE sheet music is now available for digital download! Buy it and print it instantly at www.musicnotes.com.
• ALPHABET CITY CYCLE released to great acclaim and many downloads! Get it exclusively at iTunes. Download the whole thing (5 songs plus a digital booklet with essays and lyrics included) for only $3.99.
• PS Classics plans to release ALPHABET CITY CYCLE (words by Marcy Heisler, music by Georgia Stitt) on March 31st. Click here to listen .
• BroadwayWorld.com video feature anticipating Georgia Stitt's concert at 88s Cabaret on July 7th, 2007. Click here to view.
• Announcing the release of the printed songbook for THIS ORDINARY THURSDAY. Published by Hal Leonard, this book contains the sheet music to all twelve songs on my debut album. Click here to order from amazon.com!
• Georgia's musical THE WATER wins a "Search for New Voices" competition in Los Angeles sponsored by ANMT and will be given a table read of the show in May and a concert presentation in the fall of 2008.
• Georgia's musical revue SING ME A HAPPY SONG to be presented as part of the Festival of New American Musicals this summer in Los Angeles.
• "My Lifelong Love" is track #4 on Lauren Kennedy's new album HERE AND NOW .
• Check out this podcast where Georgia talks about the new CD, the experience of working on "Grease" and other fun things with Broadway Bullet's Michael Gilboe. ALSO listen to the Jenn Colella interview where she sings "Big Wings" live in the studio!
• Musical Theater Festival Coming to LA in 2008. Visit their official site. Read more about this event online or view/download PDF and read the Variety Review online or view/download PDF .
• GREASE: You’re The One That I Want. Georgia is the vocal coach! Watch this fun footage of Georgia coaching.
This Ordinary Thursday, the extraordinary debut album of songs by Georgia Stitt, features vocals by some of Broadway’s brightest stars, including Sara Ramirez (Tony Award-winner for Spamalot, currently starring on TV’s “Grey’s Anatomy”), Faith Prince... Read More